After complete lock-down for more than 4 months, Goa is now open for Domestic tourists. Government has issued a few guidelines that are necessary to be followed by the travellers. Here are a few guidelines to follow by the travellers:
1. People who test positive will be given the option of returning to their respective states or staying back in Goa for treatment.Tourists have to mandatory pre-book their stay at hotels which have received the tourism department’s approval.Hotels and home stays that have not registered with the department to reopen business will not be allowed to open.
2. Tourists have to carry a COVID-19 negative certificate within a stipulated 48-hour window or get mandatory tested in the state.
3. Tourists will be sent to the respective hotels where they have their bookings. They will be tested for COVID-19 in the hotels and will have to remain inside their rooms until the test results are out.
4. Patients who test positive will have two options. Either they return to their home states or stay back in Goa and get treated for COVID-19.
5. Hotels will have to be pre-booked by tourists. Only the hotels that have been given tourism department’s approval will be allowed to take bookings.
6. Bookings will STRICTLY not be entertained for hotels and home stays that have not got a green light by the state govt.
7. Any hotel that opens up without the government’s permission will be cracked down and taken action against.
8. Tourists who stay in non-registered hotels through app aggregator services will not be allowed. This has been deemed illegal.
Over 200 hotels have been opened from today by the government. Apart from these several high-profile and high rated places in Goa are also opened. Curies, a beach shack at Anjuna Beach, Goa, which is massively popular amongst tourists, has been open since the last one month.
“We have been operating since last month. Our room’s services are also functional. Other shacks are also now starting to open slowly,” Curie’s official said.
Several beach shacks in North Goa are still shut. One of the most famous night clubs in Goa — Love Passion Karma (LPK) — is shut for tourists as of now.